Monday, January 03, 2005

the semester begins

Though warm for January (57 F) there's a steady and strong rain falling. At the very least, it feels like November outside.

The term has begun, as of 8 AM. Naturally by the time I checked my e-mail at 1 PM, I already had dozens of messages, more than one of which wanted to know why I hadn't answered the message sent at 8:30. Naturally I can answer none of these messages, as all are the sort of questions which should be sent to the dean or the department administrator. (laughter)

Several students have looked ahead on the syllabus (good) and noted the book review. To my delight, some were given history books as Christmas presents and would like to read them for class. Of course, this will also necessitate that I read these books, and you can just imagine what a hardship it will be for me to read more history books.

Words Written: zero
Lessons Graded: zero

No comments: