Thursday, January 06, 2005

Epiphany

Attention students: Yes, X is a stupid policy. I did not make this policy. Yes, I still must abide by this policy, stupid as it is. I like being employed. If I bend the rules even once, the dean will find out and that will be the end of my employment. If you want the rules bent, go ask the dean, who, by the way, makes far more money and has a nicer office.

Whew! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Sam is most unhappy about the continued rain (though it did change to snow for a bit today.) I've tried to explain about Sri Lanka, but he seems disinterested. (Maybe this is because Sam knows about it already, as he does listen to NPR with me.) He just wants to go outside without getting wet.

Not surprisingly, today is the Feast Day of Balthazar, Caspar and Melchior (the three kings of Orient etc.) In one of those "well, that doe smake a lot of sense" moments, they are the patron saints of travelers. I thank them for getting me safely home from the flooded library parking lot.

I've had a really terrific idea for Chapter Three - one too big for the sheets of paper on the wall, which means that it is time to start writing again. Wish me luck and/or light a candle for me, please.

Words Written: zero
Lessons Graded: twenty

1 comment:

John Burzynski said...

I will trade you 8" of new snow and some new ice/freezing rain mixed in for your rain. I spent quite a while scraping the ole windshield on the Honda the last two mornings.