Thursday, April 21, 2005

nerd bliss

I subscribe to several academic journals. One of them covers my time period and is the "must-read" for all of us in the sub-field. Lately the issues have been, well, dull even by academic standards. By "dull" I mean "not a single article I want to read and only one or two book reviews of any interest whatsoever."

The latest issue arrived today, and I want to read every single page. All of the articles look terrific, as do the reviews, and there's a neat looking piece about an archeological dig that even has pictures.

I'm almost as excited about this as I am about the new Harry Potter book - almost.

(sips the last of the coffee)

1 comment:

Joe said...

Isn't it great when you actually want to read the things that you also ought to?

Although I'd happily play a game of "can you top this" pitting history journals against library journals. I once threw an issue of College & Research Libraries across the room because of an abundance of articles which were boring, pretentious, and worst of all, eyeball-searingly obvious. True story.