Friday, September 03, 2004

zip around the beltway

The Indianapolis beltway is I-465. I'm notorious for getting lost at the best of times, but I'm told by people who do possess a sense of direction that I-465 is very badly labeled. Note that these kind souls are people from out of town. People who have lived in Indianapolis for a while insist that it's quite easy to navigate 465: just remember that Meridian Street is the North/South line which bisects the loop into the Western and Eastern sections.

My response to this is the same as my response to people who insist that it's easy to navigate Chicago because of the Lake; it's not easy if you don't know where Meridian Street (or the Lake) is in the first place! I became terribly lost yesterday on the beltway, and must brave it again today. My enthusiasm for this bit of driving lies somewhere between my enthusiasm for root canal and snake bite.


Words Written: zero
Lessons Graded: four

No comments: