Saturday, September 18, 2004

on the record, part II

I've mentioned this to a few folks, but one of my primary reasons for starting a blog was to force a certain degree of public accountability in my writing: more specifically, making progress in my writing on a steady basis. Typing in "zero" is almost as effective as knowing that I could run into my advisor at an hour of the day or night was during college. The "lessons" is a reminder that, even if I haven't written, I have still accomplished something professional that day; I knew that I did a lot of grading, but hadn't realized just how much. (ye gads!)

So, here goes another attempt to push a massive productivity period. The present chapter, which is about 7400 words at the moment, will be wrapped up and roughed out by Friday of next week, circa 2 PM. It need not be polished or excellent, but the bones must be developed and essentials fleshed up.

Words Written: zero
Lessons Graded: twenty-one

No comments: