Wednesday, September 29, 2004

There's No Place Like Oregon...

unless it's Connecticut.

At the suggestion of Rachel at Yuppiedorm> I took the findyourspot quiz, and apparently I should be living in one of about fifteen communities in Oregon. Failing that, it also suggested five locations in CT, along with two in Wisconsin.

It's been twenty years since I last visited Oregon, and my strongest memory is of visiting Baskin Robbins 10, 000 times to order a special flavor called Grape Ice. I didn't realize that asking for lots of arts options, good medical care and religious strength would mean the Pacific Northwest - except that it just means Oregon, not Washington or, say, Montana. Tasty though I think the ice cream was, I think I'll stay here in the Crossroads of Amerioca, at least until I've had a chance to sample the (in)famous deep-fried Snickers Bars served every year at the Indiana State Fair.

Words Written: zero
Lessons Graded: thirty-nine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that some things don't change, and I'm still as NE-centric as ever.
My top six cities were: Providence, New Haven, Worcester, Hartford, Baltimore (which is actually my favorite city that is not Boston or NY), and Boston.

Eileen