Tuesday, September 07, 2004

untitled

The neighbors are having some sort of work done which requires lots of workmen and trailers full of supplies. This has created a terrible ethical problem for Sam, in that there are lots of strange people very close to, but not in, his yard. He's settled for supervising them, with the occasional bark if they get "too close."

I was so excited about the weekend's writing that I couldn't get to sleep last night. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful it is to type that last sentence. My advisor (may he live forever!) uses the phrase "break the back" of a project, meaning to finally get to a point with the research and the writing that it is easy to slip in at any point. I'd like to get this chapter suficiently together that I can show it to peers for suggestions by the end of the week.

Meanwhile, the essays continue. "Professor Lemming, you had a three day weekend! Why didn't you grade the assignment I turned in on Friday morning?" Maybe I could blame it on Liza M...

Words Written: two hundred
Lessons Graded: forty-seven

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah well, everyone deserves a break. :)
Steven