Tuesday, May 10, 2005

oh, all right then...

Spurred on by yesterday's discussion, I did get some writing done again this morning. Green Book will serve the purpose Roger predicted, so now I need to hang the ideas around it. I came up with a good opening paragraph in church last Sunday (hope the rector forgives me) which I'd scrawled on the margins of the leaflet. I typed it up and added Green Book information.

The friend visiting England sent me a postcard rom the Richard III Museum in York. The front has several pictures of the 14th century gatehouse that now houses the museum, and a portrait of said monarch. Though the portrait would probably look majestic in person, when reduced to one inch by one inch, the most noticeable feature is that Richard's shirt is cut down to his navel, and he's wearing a very 1970s-ish necklace. Richard III, first of the hippies...

Best wishes and some oreos to Rob who defends his dissertation proposal tomorrow. Have you considered handing out popcorn or cotton candy?

Words Written: about a thousand (need to add verbs)
Lessons Graded: six (they're getting restless)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah - the ever popular Richard III... lol

Steven

Rob said...

Thanks for the callout, Lemming. But actually, this is the defense of my qualifying exams. The dissertation proposal defense comes at the end of the summer, that is, assuming I get it completed and my committee members don't leave for brighter pastures or keel over.

But thanks, though! Happy writing. Somehow I don't think God would mind you finding an inspiration for an opening paragraph while in church...