"Prof lemming! It's PBS - this is an emergency, we need a history teacher! Gwen needs some quick questions to start off the debate tonight and you're the best!"
OK, enough of my fantasies. 10 History Questions I wish would be asked tonight:
1) What rights does the ninth amendment protect?
2) Who served as president before James Buchanen?
3) What were the causes and effects of the Spanish-American War?
4) Was it legal to be a Baptist and live in Virginia in the 1700s?
5) What happened during the Oklahoma Land Rush?
6) Why did Nixon go to China?
7) Who ran the country when Woodrow Wilson had a stroke?
8) Why did the United States boycott the 1980 Olympics?
9) Which happened first, the Boston Massacre or the Boston Tea Party?
10) Why is Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill?
Despite what I think of McCain's choice of Palin, tonight is historic and I honor it.