Friday, February 25, 2005

a-cen-tuate the positive

An e-mail from #3 arrived last night. Am I free to meet for lunch in a few weeks to discuss the chapters? Alas, #3 used the verb "meet" rather than "buy you" - grad students learn early on to watch for such minor details. (laughter)

My advisor moved the presentation deadline up about ten days. Granted that I work best under pressure, but this leaves very little room for error. The 'flu is clearly going around now, and staying up late to write is probably not going to give me much of an immunity. (lemming's thoughts wander to the 1918-1919 epidemic)

No! Wait! Must think positive - even viruses must have some compassion. Perhaps I could persuade the 'flu to pick up the tab for lunch, too.

Words Written: zero
Lessons Graded: fifteen
Books on Floor: fourteen

No comments: