Friday, January 09, 2009

just four minutes

Long time no blog. I've been busy, sick, all of the usual cranky winter complaints.

One of the perks to December is that people send Christmas cards. (Well, some people. A pox upon people who say that they'll send a card and then don't, year after year. You're not going to do it, we both know it, don't tell lies.) I love reading people's Christmas letters and seeing pictures of their kids, I really do - even of dogs or cats. Just knowing that people think of me and others at least once a year is gladdening to my cynic's heart.

Alas now it is January and now begins the slog toward spring.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Yep ... and we have way, way, way too much slog ahead of us, too. I sure got tired of winter early this time.

itsmecissy said...

"Slog toward spring," I wish. We have hardly had a winter (if you can even have winter in California). It's in the mid-70s -77 yesterday - and I hate it!

My bulbs are already coming up and my calla lillies are in full bloom. If we don't get some rain soon, it'll be mandatory water rationing and we'll have to put in that new fake lawn that is the rage.