Wednesday, January 30, 2008

40 + 20 -20 = 40

We are fast approaching add/drop deadlines. I have 40 students in one of my classes. I do not flatter myself that it is full because they love me - the class is required and the time is right. The room seats 40, maybe 42 in a tight pinch. I refuse to go above 42... but I am still getting requests from people who drop the name of their adviser in hopes that it will help them get in.

#1 - I don't know your adviser, don't care about your adviser and if your adviser was any good, they would have been in touch two months ago like the other advisers who talked me into admitting their kids.

#2 - no.

#3 - you want in my class? Get me a raise.

On a happier note - Ginger! That's the one I couldn't remember. Whatever happened to her, anyway?

1 comment:

itsmecissy said...

Ginger - wasn't she one of the castaways on Gilligan's island? I think she eloped with the Professor...