Wednesday, June 14, 2006

country roads (and not)

I managed to get myself quite thoroughly lost yesterday, Brown County is a lovely place at any time of year, but Interstate is Interstate after a while.

Though I've never been much interested in urban history, the many varieties of strip mall I saw yesterday might actually insprire me to do a little reading in Wikipedia. There's an incredible range in design and lay-out among them, and the degree of upkeep seems to vary wildly.

Whether driving past them once or three times, I still think all strip malls are ugly.

1 comment:

Jim Wetzel said...

Whether driving past them once or three times, I still think all strip malls are ugly.

Hear, hear! And it seems, around where I live, that another one is always being thrown together ... usually just across the road from one that was tossed up a couple of years ago, in which half the space is vacant. Hail, O Glorious Consumer Economy, & O Ye Captains of Industry!