Friday, December 17, 2004

confession

I hesitate to admit this - but perhaps it will help others who need support...

ever since Indianapolis lost its 80s station, I have been bereft... until November, when the Christmas music season began. I love Christmas music - all of it. Be it "O Holy Night" or "I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas" it doesn't matter, I love it. The closer we get to Christmas, the more likely I am to hear Springsteen warble "Santa Claus is Coming' to Town" five times a day and the happier I am.

Now, I love Bing singing "White Christmas" as much as the next shopper, and yearn to hear Judy's version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" on the radio again. Yet today I realized a sad truth about my musical enjoyment - and alas for my liberal arts aducation - I want nothing more right now than to hear Mariah Carey. How did this happen? All that I ask from any of the FOUR available stations is thay they play Mariah (or one of her knocks offs) singing the oldie classics... I hide my head in shame.

Words Written: zero
Lessons Graded: forty and counting

Yes, Joe, I did tell a plagarist that F meant zero and she filed a formal complaint that her F should mean 59...
I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

John Burzynski said...

If all you want is Mariah Carey, you are one deranged and sick puppy...


I have no clue on your grade problem, but it sounds like a similar problem right out of the book 'Friday Night Lights'.

Greg said...

I too am afflicted with this condition from time to time. I don't care what you think of most of her music, she can sing and her christmas songs are among the best of later years. My favorites are "O Holy Night" and "All I Want for Christmas Is You".

lemming said...

(Lemming kisses Greg)

Confession from 2003: The best part of "Love, Actually" was the "All I Want For Christmas" bit...

Joe said...

Hang tough, Lemming. Is there still time to ask her if she'd rather take her chances with the academic infractions board?

I don't know why you need Mariah for it to be Christmas, but it's cool. I just spent 5 bucks on iTunes to get the "good" tracks off of the first Very Special Christmas album, so I have no room to talk.

John Burzynski said...

I have just never been a Mariah Carey fan...and I know that she is and was quite popular, both with her top 40 songs and her Christmas songs. Sounds like I have run into the Mariah Carey fan club...LOL.

That 'All I Want for Christmas' song just got so overplayed on the radio.


Now as for 80's music, that is another story. If we had an all 80's station up here in S. Bend, I would preset most of my radio buttons to their dial setting!