Friday, May 25, 2007

food groups

I've just learned that one of the reasons why the Giant Armadillo is an endagered species is that people kill it for the meat.

I realize that this is not a sentence one often types or utters. Pandas are endangered, but we talk about them because they are cute and cuddly. These are not words I often use when discussing armadillos... not that it's a topic I often discuss anyway.

Here's the bit about this information that I still cannot figure out; who would ever look at an armadillo and think, "oh, lunch!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about flax. Who would look at that and say, "Hey, that would make a nice summer shirt."

Anonymous said...

I suppose that, turned on its back, it's ready prepared in its own dish...

Anonymous said...

I had flax for lunch yesterday while wearing my summer shirt made from giant armadillo.

Anonymous said...

If you wander in the desert long enough, you will eventually get hungry enough to find even an armadillo appetizing. After all one has not lived until one has dined at the roadkill cafe!

torporindy said...

No thanks on the armadillo!

Anonymous said...

According to the Road Kill Cafe menu, armadillo tastes rather like pork.