Thursday, June 23, 2005

clean-up time

My desk, much battered and worn, has two zones. The "computer zone" contains, as you might expect, the computer, along with an assortment of pens, diet coke cans and pieces of scratch paper. Occasionally Green Book or its kin sits there as well. It's generally quite tidy, if you accept the argument that soda cans have decorative value.

The "other zone" is occasionally empty, occasionally tidy, but occasionally attracts an assortment of clutter that never ceases to amaze me. I knew that the latest round of comments from my advisor (may he live forever) was somewhere in the pile, and it was. To my surprise, I also discovered:

-a Renoir painting of a garden party
-three postcards, all sent from England, from three different people
-two clothespins
-a Ron Weasley Christmas tree ornament
-some post-it notes I filched from a temp job about twelve years ago
-an Altoids tin full of chalk

Words Written: four hundred and six
Lessons Graded: three

5 comments:

Hugh said...

Don't tell me you found a ring with some elven lettering on it? Or a copy of the Declaration of Independence with a treasure map on the verso side?

Rob said...

Did I MENTION I cleaned my office? Yeah, like last February. Oy.

John Burzynski said...

leafblower.....

Greg said...

Wait, an actual Renoir? or a reproduction? a print, perhaps? I can't imagine just having a Renoir painting just sitting on a desk with last week's newspaper piled on it.

lemming said...

Put nothing past the piles on my desk...