Tuesday, February 15, 2011

a death

I didn't know L well. She was a senior, I was a freshman, and the only reason I knew her at all was that we had mutual friends.

I am eternally grateful to L for rescuing me from one of those nasty, "ack, someone is hitting on me and I don't know how to react" situations.

The latest issue of the alumni magazine contains her obit - she was forty-two. No, I don't know what happened, though it sounds like she led a happy life. I hope so, at least. Strange to think of someone my age as dead.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

it's even stranger for me. If you're going to die young, though, 42 is the right age for it, because your grieving friends and relatives can think about your age being the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

FreshHell said...

Sorry about this. Yes, I'm always a bit freaked out by deaths among my age group. It does give one pause.

edj3 said...

That's been one strange outcome about Facebook--I've learned of high school friends with whom I lost touch who died at young ages. Very odd feeling both that they died so young and that I didn't know for years.