I've been seeing a lot of bloggers experiment with this one - it's been fun to see the variety of choices, even when when I haven't seen any of the films in question.
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. GUESSERS: NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
1) "Oh Abigail, Abigail, I have such a desire to knock heads together!"
-1776 guessed by Harriet
2) "That wasn't the prettiest corner I've ever seen Mr. Liddel, but certainly the bravest." -Chariots of Fire guessed by Jim and yes, you're exactly right, it should be "quarter" not "corner"
3) "I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We both know Henry knows, and Henry knows we know it. We're a knowlegable family."
-The Lion in Winter Joe, bonus for knowing extra lines!
4) "Did you know she has flowers in her panties?"
-The Gods Must be Crazy guessed by Jeanne (I can't believe that she didn't know #7!)
5) "a little home for two or three or four or more in loveland"
6) "Perhaps Margaret is right. Perhaps piracy is our only option. What exactly is swabbing?"
-Sense and Sensibility Brain Girl - I didn't know you read my blog! I am honored.
7) "I'm a damsel - I'm in distress - I can handle it. Have a nice day!"
- Hercules guessed by Foxy - Drew, we saw this together!!!!
8) "Games? I've seen better organized riots."
-Chariots of Fire also by Jim. OK, I admit it, I couldn't decide which line I liked better so I used them both. Hey, it's my blog and it's a brilliant movie.
9) "Green - no, blue - aaaah!"
Monty Python and the Holy Grail guess by Harriet, some of smartest silly humor ever
10) "one sister has gone with a brother before, but two sisters makes the entire family look ridiculous."
Meet Me in St Louis Harriet, how did you get this one??!